According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death worldwide: for no other reason, not as many people die each year as a result of cardiovascular disease. Therefore, if a person has risk factors for these diseases, such as overweight, unhealthy diet adheres, it has a low level of physical activity, he should take steps to reduce the likelihood of developing cardiovascular disease in the future.
According to the health info with reference to apteka.ua, experts from the American Academy of Family Physicians give the following tips to reduce the risk of such diseases:
- To follow a healthy diet. The diet should include adequate amounts of protein, vegetables, fruits and whole grains;
- When there is excess body weight you need to set a goal to lose weight. Even a slight decrease in body weight may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease;
- Exercising. It is not necessary to visit the gym to increase the level of physical activity. It's enough to walk more and do physical exercises at home (sit-ups, push-ups, etc.);
- It is necessary to abandon the use of tobacco in any form;
- Need to find healthy ways to control stress;
- You need to take care of the condition of the teeth and gums, as there is a link between gum disease and cardiovascular disease;
- Not necessarily dramatically change the way of life, it is better to go to it gradually - reaching one goal, move on to another.