Premenstrual syndrome, in addition to such unpleasant symptoms such as oily skin, fatigue and bad moods, and more fraught with a keen sense of hunger. To learn how to avoid the dangers of overeating during the critical days, says psychotherapist Mikhail Gavrilov, said health info with reference to marieclaire.ru.
On the eve of the menstrual cycle in a woman's body goes through significant hormonal changes, affects both the normal life (metabolism slows down, so that neither exercise nor diet will not bring in the visible result in days) and the appearance (in the premenstrual days in the body easily delayed fluid, which is manifested by edema, morning bags under his eyes and a slight increase in weight).
But the main question remains on the agenda: why in this period, so want to eat, especially sweet and fatty food? The fact is that in this period, the nervous system is overstrained, and for its calming it is especially important to get enough of the hormone serotonin. This is due to the work neyromediatoronoy system: nerve cells gustatory apparatus sensing sweetness or fat, give the signal for the development of opioids, including endorphins - chemicals that are produced in the brain and bring pleasure and peace. In addition, at the time they may even reduce pain and stress - not for nothing that for many women, food is the most accessible source of pleasant emotions. Therefore, overeating during PMS for many women is not uncommon.
Controlling weight will help a few simple guidelines
1. Increase caloric corridor. During this period, even if you lose weight, you can afford some leniency - plus 150-200 kcal to the usual daily calories. If you practice regularly fasting days, do not plan for the period of their PMS - extra stress your body does not need.
2. Reduce the amount of salt (this will help prevent swelling), as well as completely excluded from the diet smoked . Increase the amount of vegetables in the menu - they are rich in potassium, which participates in the exchange of water and outputs the excess liquid.
According to the recommendations of experts of the American Dietetic Association, you need to eat 450 to 700 grams of non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, bell peppers, asparagus) and vegetables a day!
3. Eat the "right" sugar. Many women at this time pulls on sweets. In order to carry out its progesterone function, blood glucose levels should be stable. Sweets - a simple, but not the best way to raise the level of glucose in the blood.
More effective to do it with the help of foods containing complex carbohydrates (whole grain bread, cereals, fruits). Moreover, due to such a diet at 50% of women manage to significantly reduce the symptoms of PMS is too bright, and in 10% of cases - fully get rid of the discomfort. To make it easier to transfer restrictions in foods psychologically, you can afford a bit of useful sweets (natural jellies and candy, dark chocolate).
4. Stock up on cheese, fish, nuts. In order to cope with nervous tension in this period, the body must produce enough of the hormone serotonin. Your task is to provide itself with the building material for its synthesis with the help of power. The menu should be foods that contain tryptophan - an essential amino acid that is a precursor of serotonin (which is found in chocolate, cocoa, protein foods - turkey, rabbit, cod, tuna, seafood, nuts, hard cheeses). By the way, tryptophan is better absorbed with complex carbohydrates. So the perfect complement to the products that contain this amino acid will be garnish or whole wheat bread.
Women need about 300-350 mg of tryptophan per day. Such an amount is contained, for example, in 50 g of almond or hard cheese, 100 g of turkey, rabbit or squid.
5. Take your vitamins. Assimilation of tryptophan to help a variety of vitamins and trace elements. This is especially vitamins C and B and magnesium. To get a daily dose of all the necessary micronutrients, need vegetables and fruits (those of 400-700 grams per day).
6. Drink herbal teas. In order to reduce the irritability and depression supplement your diet with herbal teas of chamomile, yarrow, calendula and lemon balm. From the strong black tea, coffee, alcohol should be abandoned - they can aggravate mood swings. Perhaps, in this period, your doctor will recommend that you take extra magnesium products, which have a calming effect, so as to avoid emotional overeating.
7. Find a calm alternative sources. This can be anything other than food (meditation, any body treatments, audiovizualizatsiya).