If you regularly use a lemon in the preparation of food and beverages, include in your diet lemon zest. in the field of healthy nutrition experts argue that it has anti-cancer properties.
Although many housewives regularly use lemon zest, few have heard about what beneficial properties for human health it contains. 7 And the main, according to experts in the field of healthy food from Germany.
1. Protection from bowel cancer. Peel and peel of citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges have anti-cancer properties. These products are saturated in flavonoids and especially polimetoksi-flavones, which effectively suppress the formation of intestinal tumors. Lemon peel also contains diosmin and hesperidin, protect against the formation of colon cancer.
2. Protection against skin cancer. Lemon peel is also a repository of limonene - a substance that protects against skin cancer.
3. Protection against prostate cancer. Studies show that various combinations of lemon peel are effective in reducing the volume and size of prostate tumors and prevent metastases. These combinations inhibit the ability of the cancer cells transferred to other parts of the body, they also induce apoptosis of malignant cells or self-destruction.
4. Control weight. Lemon peel is full of polyphenols that help control weight. It also suppresses fat accumulation process and prevents hyperlipidemia - an excessive amount of lipids in the blood.
5. Insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is a condition in which the body cells do not respond to the impact of the hormone insulin, which increases the blood sugar level and causes diabetes. Lemon peel contains polyphenols, which improve the status of victims of this disorder by suppressing the accumulation of fat around the abdomen.
6. The level of blood sugar. Due to the content of flavanones such as naringin and hesperidin, which play an important role in the prevention of hyperglycemia, lemon rind controls the level of sugar in the blood, cleaving glucose in the liver and by increasing the concentration of glycogen. It also suppresses the formation of new molecules of sugar in the liver.
7. The risk of heart disease. Lemon peel is an excellent source of vitamin C. It has many health benefits, but among other things it is also an excellent antioxidant that reduces the level of free radicals in the body, thereby preventing damage that cause the walls of the arteries and blood vessels. This reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.