You know that such phytoestrogens? The functioning of the human body are involved a lot of hormones. Each of them has its own function. For example, some influence on the circulatory system, while others help to speed up the metabolism. Surely every woman known hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. They are considered as female sex hormones although men also have them, but in much smaller quantities.
Estrogens are responsible for female sexual characteristics that begin to appear after the start of the first menstrual cycle, from puberty to menopause. What are the functions of estrogen? In addition to affecting the development and growth of breast or occurrence of menstruation, these hormones help prevent calcium loss, HDL cholesterol is activated (i.e., involved in the metabolism of fat), and also have an important role in the production of collagen.
A woman's body, particularly her ovaries and adrenal glands, produce large quantities of estrogen during puberty. Estrogen levels are generally retained more or less stable until menopause. When there is a decline.
Phytoestrogens - a chemical compound which are contained in foods of plant origin. In other words - naturally occurring estrogens. These natural substances are approximately the same as estrogens.
The main functions of phytoestrogens
1. Helps reduce the symptoms of menopause. Especially reduced the intensity of hot flashes.
2. Reduce the level of "bad cholesterol."
3. Prevent cardiovascular disease.
4. has an antioxidant effect and help delay the aging of cells.
Which products contain phytoestrogens?
1. Nuts and seeds.
2. Soy and derived products such as soy milk and tofu.
3. In large quantities of phytoestrogens present in lentils, beans and peas.
4. Some fruits and vegetables also apply to products containing phytoestrogens. Among them are the dates, dried apricots, prunes, peaches, pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. As for vegetables and herbs - a pumpkin, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, dill and onion.
5. Green tea.
6. Various herbs such as thyme, sage, fennel.
7. Olive oil.