In order not to freeze on the walk in the winter when it's cold, all experts in vote recommend to eat well before leaving.
- Naturally, the winter spent more energy on the "heating" of the organism, - says MD, PhD, dietician Helen Chedia. - Advise in any case not restrict carbohydrates - energy suppliers. That is plenty of cereals, vegetables, fruits. And energy can be obtained from protein (milk, meat products, fish). But limiting carbohydrates due to greater consumption of proteins in any case impossible. And one more rule that must be observed in the winter and the summer - do not eat later than four hours before bedtime. Even the apple is eaten at night, can have a bad service. In the dream, the metabolism slows down, and all received calories not go into energy, and fats.
What will help in the cold
Advises MD, nutritionist Marina Kopytko:
- Porridge in the morning. The Council, though boring, but still try - just cereal am able to charge us with energy. Besides cereal with milk, especially oats (oatmeal), improve digestion and charges brains. Add to the mess of honey - "Two useful carbohydrate in one" - and you will be happy.
- On the afternoon snack - a banana or persimmons. They both contain the nutrients that help serotonin - the hormone of happiness, which is so lacking in the winter.
- Three different colored vegetable - Make it a rule to eat them for lunch or dinner. Salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow peppers - the perfect option. Also betacarotene of them protecting the skin from chapping.
- On lunch. You can afford more dense than usual snack Salad, be sure to soup (University of Pennsylvania researchers claim that if there is its ever it is possible to lose weight), the second - proteins and carbohydrates, such as pasta with meat. Or just meat without garnish. Then you can walk happily.
- Chocolate. Bitter. 30 grams per day more will not hurt anyone. And nutrients, including antioxidants and can help the brain and throughout the body to survive the cold season.
Calories may be higher
The epidemiologists say - do not be afraid to exceed the usual winter calorie dishes. After all, we need more energy. And we need vitamins A and E protect from frostbite, C and D contribute to the regeneration and stable operation of the nervous system.
Calories can be obtained from protein products, such as chicken, beef, fish - certainly at least three times a week. Fish is best to eat the sea, where, oil-rich, it contains essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6. And the best way of cooking - stewing. And additional products:
- Eggs - Contain lots of vitamins A and B, helping to counter winter depression. In a week, you can eat three or four eggs. Including and Olivier (not tired yet?).
- Salo helps withstand frost. The unique composition of lard - a great defender of the vessels in the cold. Are you afraid of cholesterol? But a little piece will not hurt for sure. It is better to give up for a time from the shopping and baking cookies - there may be contained the margarine, which is far more dangerous for vessels than fat. And also an excellent source of healthy fats - vegetable oil and butter.
- Sharp spices. Excellent warming. But attention - kindle the appetite! Useful for warming spices that put in grog and mulled wine: cloves, cinnamon, star anise, red and black pepper, turmeric. They are not only warm, but also help to transfer stress. And, of course, a natural antibiotic - ginger.
And do not forget from time to time to pamper the body. He was very helpful:
- Honey. Natural antibiotic that contains a variety of vitamins and trace elements that help normalize the metabolism. Just eat it a bit of sugar, and do not put in hot tea, which will destroy most of the benefit.
- Sauerkraut, red bell peppers, cranberries and cranberries. An excellent source of vitamins C and B, essential for immunity, nervous system, and the "fight against winter stress." Do not forget about the exotic citrus.
- Garlic. Like the bow, he is one of the natural immunomodulators and "drives the cold."