Body language speaks for us before we have time to think about their words. And control it more difficult than our speech - not because there and believe him more than to hear? For example, you limp slightly hunched, or at a meeting It is read as a sign of insecurity or the fact that you got bored. Sometimes this is the case.
And sometimes our movements are perceived by others it is not so, as we might think.
Observe successful people who translate their confidence and ownership of the situation and in speech, and body movements. Especially pay attention to what can not be done
1. Cutulitsya. You never tell your boss, "I do not understand why I have to listen to you" - but if you change the position of the body and will sit hunched over, your body will say it for you, and very clearly. It is a sign of disrespect. When you hunched posture and do not hold, it shows that you are not interested and do not want to be here.
Our brain is used to read information on the position and by the amount of space occupied by standing next to us people.
Pose power - when you're standing straight with outstretched arms, holding her head straight. Whereas, hunched over, you crumple their shape, tend to occupy less space and thus show that you have less power. Because there is a very good reason to maintain a level posture during the whole conversation: so we also keep attention to the interlocutor, show respect and interest in it.
2. exaggerated gestures. Often, when people want to hide something or divert attention, they vigorously gesticulating. Watch yourself when you do not want to give a straight answer - you will also notice the unusual movement of your body.
Strive to ensure that your gestures were small and accurate, it means that you are in control and his speech. Such gestures are characteristic of most successful people who are confident and focused on business. Also, your gestures should be open.
3. Watch the clock. Do not do it when talking with someone, it is read as disrespect and impatience. This seemingly imperceptible gesture indeed always noticeable. And even if you're just used to control the time and you really interesting to listen to your interlocutor, you will create this gesture had the impression that during the conversation you were bored.
4. turns away from everyone. This gesture speaks not only that you are not involved in what is happening. He had on a subconscious level is read as a sign of mistrust towards the speaker. The same thing happens when you are in a call, do not turn around to see the other party or to the side.
Try to control not only the gestures and movements of the body, not to send negative signals clearly during the workshop or important negotiations.
5. crosses his arms and legs. Even if you smile and at the same time lead a pleasant conversation, people will still feel a vague feeling that you push down it. This is a classic body language, which many wrote. So you create a physical barrier between themselves and the speaker, because it is not open to what he says.
Standing with arms folded comfortably, but will have to deal with this habit, if you will, that you are not considered (wrongly!) Secretive type.
6. contradicts his words with gestures or facial expressions. For example, a tight smile during the negotiations, when you say "no." Perhaps because you want to soften the refusal, but it is much better if the words and the expression of your face in line with what you feel. The caller thinks of this situation is that something is wrong, something does not add up, and perhaps you're hiding something from him or want to cheat.
7. Strongly nod. Many recommend occasionally nodding companion to keep in touch. However, if the nod after each of his words, the other party will feel that you agree with something, which really do not quite understand, and generally crave his approval.
8. straightens hair. This nervous gesture, saying that you are more focused on your looks than on what is happening. What, in general, far from the truth.
9. Avoid looking directly into the eyes. While we all understand that we can be fully involved in what is happening and to listen very carefully, without looking up, the signals of our body and how to read their mind, here are winning the arguments of reason. This will be perceived as secretive, what you keep back, and will cause to suspect the answer.
It is particularly important to maintain eye contact at a time when you do some major announcement or tell complex information. Those who have this habit, you need to remind yourself not to look at the floor, on both sides, because it will definitely have a negative effect.
10. Too stare in his eyes. In contrast to the previous one, is too long eye contact is perceived as an aggression and an attempt to dominate. On average, Americans keep eye contact for about 7 seconds, longer - when they listen less - when they say themselves.
It is also important how you look away. If you lower your eyes down, it is perceived as a submission to the side - the confidence and trust.
11. rolls his eyes. Some people have a habit, just as eloquently to exchange glances with someone of his colleagues. Fortunately for us, such a conscious habits are easier to control, and it's worth it.
12. Sitting miserably. It is more difficult - we can not always control, and even to imagine how we look from the outside. The problem is that if we are immersed in their sad thoughts is not the fault of those who are around us, they will still accept that you are upset because of them.
Exit - to think about it, when you are surrounded by people. Take into account the fact that if you approach a colleague with some labor question and thus your face looks sad and anxious, his first reaction is not to your words, and it is an expression of your face: "What you are unhappy with this time? "a simple smile, as banal as it may sound, is read by the brain in a positive and leaves a lasting positive impression about you.
13. get too close to the interlocutor. If you stand closer than one and a half feet, it is perceived as an invasion of personal space and indicates a lack of respect. And the next time this person will feel uncomfortable in your presence.
14. Compress hands. This is a sign that you are nervous or have taken a defensive position or want to argue. Communicating with you, the people in answer too will experience nervousness.
15. A weak handshake. Too strong a handshake says the desire to dominate, is too weak - a lack of confidence. Both are not very good. What should be your handshake? Always different depending on the person and the situation, but always solid and warm.